Wednesday 12th November
$60 Per Person – Inc’Arrival drink & 3 Course dinner & Show.
If you grew up in love with the hit British sitcom Fawlty Towers like us! This is a must attend event for you.
Join us for a night of fun as we transform the Grain Store into the dining room of Fawlty Towers for the evening.
You will be served a 3 course dinner by some very special guests plus receive a complimentary arrival drink.
Spots are limited so book fast!
(Perfect idea for the staff Xmas get together)
Click below for tickets
Full Events Details are below;
Interactive Theatre International presents:
Faulty Towers The Dining Experience
– Having filled the first half of this year with Fringe World Perth, Adelaide Fringe and Melbourne International Comedy Festival, as well as various independent venues – including Sydney Opera House – this legendary Australian show comes to The Grain Store in November.
Waited upon by Basil, Sybil and Manuel, this is fully immersive, highly improvised and site-specific comedy theatre at its best. Only one third of the show scripted, so anything can happen as you take a seat in the ‘Fawlty Towers’ restaurant… Expect all the best gags, shambolic service and a ‘70s style 3-course meal in ‘a hilarious battle of wits, patience, fire extinguishers and fine food’ (Australian Traveller magazine, Sydney Opera House). Just don’t mention the war! Internationally acclaimed by audiences and critics alike.
– ‘Hysterical. A show not to be missed.’ (Cairns Post)
– ‘Food snortingly funny’ (Australian Stage, FringeWorld Perth)
– ‘The cast is excellent and the laughs never-ending… No doubt even John Cleese would enjoy the show.’ (Herald Sun, Melbourne International Comedy Festival)
Faulty Towers The Dining Experience was born in Brisbane in 1997 and made its international debut in 2008 at the Edinburgh Fringe, where it’s sold out every year since. It opened a residency in London’s West End in October 2012 and continues there still. Eight teams of cast now tour the world non-stop. The cast for The Grain Store features Paul O’Neill as Basil, Lara Dignam as Sybil, and Anthony Sottile as Manuel – find out more about them on the Actors page at: www.interactivetheatre.com.au
– ‘There’s a reason this show constantly gets rave reviews. It is brilliant.’ (Adelaide Now headline, Adelaide Fringe)
EXPERIENCE THE EXPERIENCE
For tour detail, click on the Australian flag on the Tickets page at: www.interactivetheatre.com.au
Venue: The Grain Store, 64-66 Scott St, Newcastle East, NSW 2300
Dates: Wednesday 12 November 2014
Times: doors open for pre-meal drinks at 7:00pm, performance commences at 7:30pm
Tickets: $60.00 pp, includes drink on arrival, 3-course meal and 2-hour show.
Bookings & enquiries: (02) 4023 2707 // email@example.com
Show info & FAQ: www.interactivetheatre.com.au
– Faulty Towers The Dining Experience is an affectionate homage to Fawlty Towers the TV series written by John Cleese and Connie Booth. Their original TV scripts are not used in Faulty Towers The Dining Experience. Artistic director and company co-founder, Alison Pollard-Mansergh adds:
‘Faulty is spelled that way because when I started this show in 1997, John Cleese, Prunella Scales and Andrew Sachs were still young enough to perform their roles. I didn’t want people to think they were getting the original, so I spelled it differently. Happily, both they and the BBC know of our show, and we work often with the BBC.’
– ‘so talented – had us in stitches… lots of good feedback from listeners too.’ (BBC Radio Five Live, UK)
– ‘truly an experience… a fantastic evening’ (What’s on Stage, UK)
– ‘top end entertainment that will knock you for six’ (What’s on London)